POSITION: HR Intern
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTS: None
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
This position provides administrative support to the Human Resources team and requires the ability to work in a fast-paced executive-level environment. Critical thinking and problem solving skills, along with proactive thinking are necessary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filing, updating records, and more!
- Answers and directs departmental phone calls.
- Receives and distributes office mail.
- Schedules and organizes appointments; takes minutes during departmental meetings.
- Proofreads and types documents and correspondence produced by department.
- Processes required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Prepares purchase orders for human resource office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, establishing personal networks, etc.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem solving and proactive thinking.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with co-workers, patients and other visitors.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times.