Housekeeping Technician- Iola, KS
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the facility/environmental team. This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of facilities. Responsible for daily facility cleaning specialized equipment, and light general maintenance including wall patching and paint touch-up. Responsible for following universal precautions and Material Safety Data Sheets requirements.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday 2pm-7pm
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients and visitors presenting to the clinic.
- Performs daily custodial work such as: cleaning, disinfecting and stocking with paper exam rooms and restrooms.
- Cleaning disinfecting and polishing of furniture.
- Vacuuming, shampooing and spot cleaning carpets using commercial carpet extractor;
- Maintenance and waxing tile floors within the facility including the use of commercial floor scrubber and burnisher.
- Daily removal of trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Reports and response to immediate or emergency calls for custodial assistance.
- Maintains exterior of facility and grounds including daily trash pick-up, periodic window washing and light grounds keeping as needed which may include power washing, sidewalk
sweeping, snow removal and de-icing.
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for needed supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.