Housekeeping- Fort Scott, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the facility/environmental team. This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of facilities. Responsible for daily facility cleaning specialized equipment, and light general maintenance including wall patching and paint touch-up. Responsible for following universal precautions and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) requirements.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tones, to patients and visitors presenting to the clinic;
- Performs daily custodian work such as cleaning, disinfecting and stocking paper in exam rooms and restrooms;
- Cleaning, disinfecting and polishing of furniture;
- Vacuuming, shampooing, and spot cleaning carpets using commercial carpet extractor; maintenance and waxing floor tiles within the facility including the use of commercial floor scrubber and burnisher;
- Daily removal of trash in accordance with established procedures;
- Reports and respond to immediate or emergency calls for custodial assistance;
- Maintains exterior of facility and grounds including daily trash pick-up, periodic window washing and light grounds keeping as needed which may include power washing, sidewalk sweeping, snow removal and de-icing;
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for needed supplies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee-base.