Help Desk Operator-Pittsburg, KS
POSITION: Help Desk Operator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology/EMR
REPORTS TO: EMR Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc. (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of CHC/SEK’s resources.
This position is a part of the Information Technology team. This position answers the IT help desk phone line and email, creates an IT ticket and resolves the issue for the caller. Calls may be forwarded to other IT staff depending on need. Assists in the tracking and movement of Information Technology assests. This position also assists in desktop hardware configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Answers IT/EMR phone line or responds to help desk email from users, including unlocking EHR users and resetting EHR passwords, etc.
- Utilizes ticketing system to create, track and resolve issues for end users, including logging basic tickets with eClinicalworks, such as system down, immediate impact to patient care).
- Direct EHR users on basic EHR issues and directs them to appropriate EHR staff member or education/training tools and guides.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs of desktop computer hardware including printers, scanners, and related equipment when performance is degraded or equipment has failed.
- Has an understanding of the overall architecture of the CHCSEK network system and contact network or server personnel when their expertise is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of computer information technology principles and techniques preferred.
- Experience in healthcare information technology preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be able to use the Internet.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.