Health Information Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
his position is responsible for helping to ensure that medical, behavioral health, dental records are released to requesting entities in accordance with state and federal laws. The Health Information Specialist coordinates with patient care team to request records to assure continuity of care. This position is responsible for scanning documents into the patient's record to assure a complete electronic medical record. This position organizes health information to assist in meeting quality measures.
- Maintains and distributes all personal health information in accordance with all Federal laws including HIPAA, state laws, and applicable regulations.
- Collaborates with all internal departments to ensure proper protection, privacy, and accuracy of patient health records.
- Communicates personal health information effectively with external organizations on behalf of patients and providers to support continuation of care.
- Organizes all incoming patient health information pertinent to our standard quality measures to assist in record completion that will lead to high quality patient care.
- Meets productivity expectations associated with record request, fax server, scanning, and quality measures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Certificate in Health Information Management or Associates degree in Health Information Technology/Management preferred.