Family Medicine Physician – Miami, Oklahoma
About the Position:
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) is currently seeking a Full-time Family Medicine Physician that is passionate about making an impact in underserved rural communities. The physician is responsible for delivering preventive, diagnostic, treatment, patient education and referral care rendered by CHC/SEK. This position is accountable for the delivery and quality of all services provided by the provider and any supervised mid-level providers (if applicable). Physician would support fully integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services for high need population.
Positive work environment with great support staff and a talented team of professionals to manage day-to-day operations allowing you to focus on patient care. All CHC/SEK Clinics are part of a health system with tremendous peer support. Support staff and services include: an extensive onboarding process, in-house IT, EHR support team (eClinicalWorks), medical assistants, medical scribes, RN/LPNs, billing specialists, continuing education management, credentialing, risk management team, in house general counsel, and more. If making a difference makes a difference to you - you belong at the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas.
· Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic areas.
· Provides complete, comprehensive outpatient care for patients including health examinations and treatment of medical conditions, to include follow-up of problems detected.
· Responsible to manage acute and chronic illness, routine care through care plans that are coordinated, when appropriate, with the patient's behavioral health provider
· Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
· Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions, as indicated.
· Provides clinical consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
· Oversee mid-level providers responsible for providing medical services, as assigned.
· Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
· Provide appropriate follow-up with clinical support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
· Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
· Participates in an on-call system for after-hours care and care for CHC/SEK inpatient population, as assigned.
· Ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
· Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma and Board Certified in appropriate specialty.
· Graduation from accredited medical school and completion of medically recognized residency program.
· A strong community/public health orientation preferred.
· Commitment to serving the underserved.