Facilities Project Manager – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
Facilities Project Manager position is responsible for managing, and overseeing daily activities and issues related to completing all types of and multiple facility projects, including the initiation stage through planning, design, and construction under the direction of the Director of Facilities. This position will develop projects including, drafting conceptual plans, budgets, establish timetables, work closely with Architects and Engineers, manage the procurement process, oversee construction phases through closeout/owner occupancy and coordinate with equipment vendors to ensure proper installation and operation. The Facilities Project Manager ensures that each project is completed on time, within budget and scope, and in accordance with all federal, state and local requirements.
- Develop conceptual plans, budget justifications, project narratives and other planning documents for facilities projects to support grant applications and fiscal decision making.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of a project.
- Coordinate with proponent groups and building committees to facilitate rational planning, budgeting, scheduling and implementation of facility projects.
- May prepare RFP’s and facilitate hiring design professionals as required.
- May coordinate with external vendors and assist with negotiating contracts for materials and/or services
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate agencies as needed.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Assist with planning construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor inventory to timely handle inadequacies.
- Supervise the work of sub-contractors and give guidance when needed.
- Monitors and reports on all phases of planning and construction to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Manages all contracts, pay requests, change orders, RFI’s, ASI’s and other project documentation and communications.
- Reviews shop drawings in a timely manner for accuracy and compliance with specification. Ensures all items are delivered per the contract and schedule. Coordinates with architects and engineers for review of shop drawings.
- Coordinate with all parties involved in the planning, design, construction and equipment installation by assigning tasks and providing guidance for specific functions.
- Develops and maintains facility project budgets through all phases.
- Provides written and photographic documentation of project progress.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report any issues or concerns.
- Ensures all work put in place is the to CHCSEK quality standards and meets requirements of plans and specifications for the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent experience in the construction management field is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Commercial/Medical project management experience is also required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Familiar with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Must be proficient with MicroSoft Office Products as well as some familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Blue Beam, or other PDF editing software; AutoCAD; Plan Swift Estimating; Drop Box, Google Drive, or other file sharing software.
- Knowledgeable about health and safety standards in construction is required.
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent certification preferred.
- Valid Drivers License as travel is required.