Electronic Health Records (EHR) Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the health info management team. This position is responsible for training new staff on Electronic Health Record Software and providing continuing support for all staff. Creates training materials as needed for all disciplines.
- Conducts end-user training for all new on-boarding CHC providers including Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health and other staff as assigned.
- Coordinates with provider super-users (Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health) to design and implement a 30, 60, and 90 days follow up plan with new providers, and other staff as assigned.
- Provides end-user application support to all staff who use the EHR as needed and escalates issues appropriately.
- Produces and updates written EHR training material for various disciplines when necessary.
- Assists with outgoing development, implementation, and customization of the EHR.
- Activates new users and inactivate existing users from EHR.
- Manages orders management.
- Generates Registry and EBO report as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with EHR platform required.
- Experience using eClinicalWork preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent healthcare-related experience required.
- ECW Train the Trainer certification required or obtained with one year of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command fro patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance with the organization's mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirement.
- Ability to effectively, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the general public.