Director of Dental Support Services
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Dental Support Services provides leadership to and management of clinic-based dental assistants and dental hygienists to ensure clinical quality, operational efficiency and patient and employee satisfaction. The Director will work very closely with the Dental Outreach Coordinator in coordinating services and in peer review and quality assessment of outreach staff. The Director will work under the direction of the Chief Dental Officer and will support all areas of the dental program.
- Supervises clinic-based assistants and hygiene staff with support from the Chief Dental Officer.
- Works with Practice Managers to eliminate barriers to dental care and to optimize operational efficiency.
- Develops and executes consistent new dental staff orientation and onboarding across all dental sites.
- Works closely with Dental Outreach Coordinator to ensure services are coordinated and staff time is maximized.
- Oversees peer review and clinical competency program for all dental staff.
- Advocates for the needs of clinic-based dental hygienists and assistants.
- Recommends appropriate continuing education for Registered Dental Hygienists.
- Coordinates or provides ongoing continuing education for dental assistants.
- Participates in recruitment efforts by CHC/SEK of dental staff.
- Forms and maintains relationships with dental assisting and dental hygiene programs for the purposes of student education and workforce development.
- Oversees CHC/SEK dental infection control program.
- Works with facilities and purchasing staff in equipment maintenance and inventory control.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and related CHC/SEK committees.
- Ensures CHC policies and procedures are carried out in dental settings.
- Reviews the patient’s health history for documentation in the electronic dental record.
- Observes universal precautions at all times.
- Able to perform as dental hygienist as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from Dental Hygiene Program.
- Licensed to practice dental hygiene in State of Kansas.
- ECP III preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.