Director of Behavioral Health/Addiction Treatment – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for oversight and leadership of outpatient and addictive disease services. This Director ensures clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes leadership in developing a strong rehabilitation/recovery team and partnership with the CMO/Medical Directors to ensure clinical excellence, compliance with all state and federal regulations and a fully-integrated model of service delivery. This position is considered a critical part of the overall management team.
- Responsible for the management and operations of addictive disease services, providing an integrated systematic framework for the monitoring, evaluation and improvement of care;
- Demonstrate sound financial management, ensuring the effective and, efficient use of organizational resources;
- Develops, evaluates and implements evidenced-based clinical and psychoeducational services and best practices for all programs;
- Coordinates services for clinical programs at all sites working with the CMO/Medical Directors;
- Maintains patient caseload and facilitates didactic or therapy groups, as needed;
- Assigns, directs and supervises works of all Addiction Services staff; periodically evaluates and provides performance feedback to subordinates;
- Maintains quality, confidentiality and continuity of all required records;
- Serves as the liasion with outside funding and collaborative agencies. Provides leadership to the Substance Abuse Agency Coalition;
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures in collaboration with the CQO;
- Trains new staff and ensures existing staff have access to continuing education relevant to their field and developing modalities, medications and practices;
- Assists in the implementation of QA initiatives; serves on the QA Committee. Facilities data collection and evaluation of substance abuse services including patient/provider satisfaction;
- Provide/promote excellent patient/customer service;
- Performs other assignments as directed by Administration.
- Bachelor's Degree is social work psychology, marriage and family therapy or other closely related field. Master degree preferred.
- Current Kansas licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor;
- Minimum of five years experience delivering substance abuse treatment;
- Able and willing to work on an as-needed basis in order to meet operational needs of the clinic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care;
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints;
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively;
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be able to use the Internet;
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and organization;
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization's mission;
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members;
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements;
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and the general public;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.