Dentist – Multiple Locations
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas is looking for Dentists for the following locations:
Baxter Springs, KS
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the dental team. This position is responsible for delivering clinical dental services and preventive dental care in both clinic and outreach settings. This position provides preventive, diagnostic, treatment, patient education and referral care rendered by the center/community. Participates in quality improvement initiatives as assigned by the dental clinical director.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and
employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Provides complete, comprehensive outpatient care for dental/oral conditions to include oral examination and treatment of conditions, including follow-up of problems detected.
- Instructs assigned, dental assistants.
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions, as indicated.
- Provides dental consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Provide appropriate follow-up with dental support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
- Assures integration of patient education into all treatment phases.
- Participates in dental outreach activities as assigned.
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Participates in an on-call system for after-hours care.
- Ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Assures that the dental policies as related to the services of CHC/SEK are current and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Kansas.
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry.
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency program preferred.
- A strong community/public health orientation preferred.
- Commitment to serving the underserved.