Dental Hygienist – Multiple Locations
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas is looking for Dental Hygienists for the following locations:
Outreach – Pittsburg, KS
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the dental team. This position provides preventive and rehabilitative caries control, periodontal services as assigned by the treatment plan. This position provides oral education and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant/fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and clinic protocols.
- Support dental outreach activities, as assigned.
- Registered Dental Hygienist with Extended Care Permit may perform allowed services under the supervision of a CHC/SEK dentist as prescribed by state law.
- Observes universal precautions at all times.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear dental record documentation
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a school of dental hygiene.
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in State of Kansas.
- Extended Care Permit I required upon hire or must be obtained within one (1) year of date of hire.
- Basic Life Support certification required upon hire or obtained within six (6) months from date of hire.