Dental Hygienist- Iola, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the dental team. This position provides preventive and rehabilitative caries control, periodontal services as assigned by the treatment plan. This position provides oral education and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients;
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care;
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for dental patients;
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant/fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards;
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and clinic protocols;
- Support dental outreach activities, as assigned;
- Registered Dental Hygienist with Extended Care Permit may perform allowed services under the supervision of a CHC/SEK dentist as prescribed by state law;
- Observes universal precautions at all times;
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear dental record documentation;
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation for an accredited school of dental hygiene;
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in State of Kansas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and-employee-base;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care;
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints;
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively;
- Must be computer literate and proficient with the organization's electronic health record;
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization;
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization's mission;
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members;
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.