Dental Hygienist – Iola, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the dental team. This position provides preventive and rehabilitative caries control, periodontal services as assigned by the treatment plan. This position provides
oral education and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Provides positive first impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and
employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral
hygiene and periodontal care.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant/fluoride
application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance
with state regulations and clinic protocols.
- Support dental outreach activities, as assigned.
- Registered Dental Hygienist with Extended Care Permit may perform allowed services under
the supervision of a CHC/SEI< dentist as prescribed by state law.
- Observes universal precautions at all times
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear dental record documentation
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene.
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of Kansas.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically
diverse patient-and employee-base.