Dental Hygienist – Integrated – Pittsburg, KS
POSITION: Integrated - Registered Dental Hygienist
DEPARTMENT: Dental Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Dental Services
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
This position is part of the dental team. This position provides preventive and rehabilitative caries control, periodontal services as assigned by the treatment plan. This position provides oral education and participates in quality improvement activities. The medical-dental integration is additional care that integrates and coordinates dental medicine into primary care and behavioral health to support individual and population health.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for dental
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant/fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and clinic
- Support dental outreach activities, as
- Registered Dental Hygienist with Extended Care Permit may perform allowed services under the supervision of a CHC/SEK dentist as prescribed by state
- Observes universal precautions at all
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear dental record documentation
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA
- Performs other duties as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in State of
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and
- Must be computer literate and proficient with the organization's electronic health
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization's
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent.