Dental Assistant – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the dental team. This position is responsible for assisting the dentist and dental hygienist in the direct provision of primary care dental services. This position is responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
- Serves as the dentist's or dental hygienist's chair-side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment per clinical protocols and/or dentist's or dental hygienist's direction.
- Anticipates the sequence of dental procedures and is prepared in advance of them so that the dentist may work as efficiently as possible.
- Reviews the patient's health history for documentation in the electronic dental record.
- Maintains a sterile and neat working environment.
- Observes universal precautions at all times.
- Maintains adequate clinic supplies
- Assumes the responsibilities associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist.
- Support dental outreach activities, as assigned.
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Nitrous Oxide certification required or obtained within nine (9) months from date of hire.
- Basic Life Support certification required upon hire or obtained within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Graduation from Dental Assisting Program, preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying