COVID Coding Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the revenue cycle team. This position is responsible for entering data necessary for the collection of revenues from third party payers, as well as individual patients. This position may be the first interaction that patients have with Community Health and practices should not create barriers to obtaining care or information. This position requires significant time interacting with patients, payers, public on the phone, as such, excellent communication skills are required.
- Review data entered into ECW for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of the HRSA Covid-19 Claims Reimbursement and CARES Act.
- Upload uninsured patient roster to HRSA for assignment of Optum member IDs.
- Completion of patient case manager in ECW with assigned Optum HRSA member ID numbers.
- Review progress note documentation and assign appropriate DX and/or CPT code for reimbursement from the HRSA Uninsured Program.
- Void and recreate Covid claims for submission to Optum.
- Review HRSA Covid rejected and denied claims.
- Review Covid self-pay claims and apply appropriate adjustments.
- Review of EBO reports to identify reimbursement lapses.
- Review of Quest lab statements and denied claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CPC or CPC-A certification.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a healthcare related field.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.