Communication Coordinator – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Communication Coordinator is a team-oriented individual with creative skills and knowledge of production processes for digital media and print materials. This position is responsible for creative work as assigned, including marketing, print, digital, and social media creations or placements from concept to production. This position works directly with the Director of Communication and Marketing. The department operates under the direct supervision of the President and CEO of the organization.
- Designs marketing and promotional materials for CHC/SEK used within the clinics, digital advertising, social media posts, and direct marketing pieces as assigned.
- Create mobile branding pieces, including portable signage, vehicle wraps, billboards, and other large-scale graphic pieces.
- Ensures that all promotional materials are completed on time and align with CHC/SEK’s brand identity.
- Research and writes content for local newspaper or magazine ads.
- Analyzes CHC/SEK’s social media and online presence.
- Contributes to CHC/SEK’s website. Assists in redesigning the website as necessary.
- Helps maintain CHC/SEK’s presence on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
- Assists with promotional events.
- Researches ways to reach a wider consumer base, either online or in print.
- Addresses and resolves any problems that may arise with promotional content or distribution of materials.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- College degree in graphics arts, commercial design, or equivalent experience.
- Should possess a robust portfolio and experience in graphic design.
- Organizational skills and an eye for detail is required.
- Software proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Premiere Pro, Audition.
- Some knowledge of WordPress fundamentals to make minor changes to CHC/SEK’s website.
- General photography skills using a DSLR camera and strobe lighting.
- Strong journalistic writing and storytelling skills preferred.
- Audio and video editing skills (or a strong interest in) preferred.
- Comfortable scheduling and working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command for complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with Microsoft Excel program.
- Must be able to maintain a good interpersonal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance with the organization’s mission.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
*Please attach a link to your application for any electronic portfolios.*