Clinical Documentation Analyst – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position supports CHC/SEK’s compliance department, specifically related to quality and risk management personnel, in advancing CHC/SEK’s data driven requirements by reviewing medical charts, running and analyzing reports from our electronic health record and various other electronic platforms to guide the department in performance improvement. This position will work closely with others in designing and developing, dashboards, reports, and visualizations for all departments. The position requires healthcare knowledge in order to analyze, interpret, and summarize report findings for broad use, and assist in quality initiatives.
- Routine auditing and monitoring of electronic health records to ensure accurate clinical documentation required for external reporting agencies such as Patient Centered Medical Home, HRSA, and UDS.
- Participate in project analysis, trending and summarization of data and reports to inform quality improvement initiatives.
- Identify efforts to improve or remedy data quality issues including reviewing charts and working with the electronic health record team or other departments to address systematic workflow concerns.
- Assist in various risk management and quality initiatives and external reporting requirements such as Patient Centered Medical Home, HRSA, and UDS reporting.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze successful completion of goals.
- Participate and/or lead committees and teams as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in healthcare, statistics, business, or related preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with eClinicalworks and BridgeIT preferred.