ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the medical team. Working with patients to learn about injuries or identify health concerns and create a plan for treatment or management. Uses testing such as x-rays or ultrasounds to better understand a patient's condition. Educates patients and families about what is possible, and keep patients motivated during ongoing therapy. This position will track progress and report to patients and their families.
- Assess patient's medical condition by reviewing their medical history, listening to the patient's concern and performing a physical examination;
- Analyze the patient's posture, spine and reflexes;
- Conduct testing as appropriate;
- Provide neuromusculoskeletal therapy, which may include adjusting patient's spinal column and other joints by hand as needed;
- Provide additional treatment as needed, such as acupressure or massage therapy;
- Provide patient education on health and lifestyle to improve overall health;
- Communicate and coordinate with patient's provider to ensure a consistent level of care;
- Exercise independent judgment based on experience to implement effective treatment combinations;
- Evaluate and report on patients' progress;
- Assist administrative staff with billing and reporting inquiries;
- Refers client to community resources for needed assistance;
- Participates in quality improvement activities;
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation;
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Must possess a Doctor of Chiropractic;
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as a Chiropractor;
- Two years work experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care;
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints;
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively;
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization;
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization's mission;
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members;
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.