Chiropractor – Crawford/Bourbon County
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the medical team. Working with patients to learn about injuries or identify health concerns and create a plan for treatment or management. Uses testing such as x-rays or ultrasounds to better understand a patient’s condition. Educates patients and families about what is possible, and keep patients motivated during ongoing therapy. This position will track progress and report to patients and their families.
- Assess patient’s medical condition by reviewing their medical history, listening to the patient’s concern and performing a physical examination.
- Analyze the patient’s posture, spine and reflexes.
- Conduct testing as appropriate.
- Provide neuromusculoskeletal therapy, which may including adjusting patient’s spinal column and other joints by hand as needed.
- Provide additional treatment as needed, such as acupressure or massage therapy.
- Provide patient education on health and lifestyle to improve overall health.
- Communicate and coordinate with patient’s provider to ensure a consistent level of care.
- Exercise independent judgment based on experience to implement effective treatment combinations.
- Evaluate and report on patients’ progress.
- Assist administrative staff with billing and reporting inquiries.
- Refers client to community resources for needed assistance.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Must possess a Doctor of Chiropractic.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as a Chiropractor.
- Two years work experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred.