Billing Clerk – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the revenue team. This position is responsible for entering data necessary for the collection of revenues from third party payers, as well as individual patients. This position may be the first interaction that patients have with Community Health and practices should not create barriers to obtaining care or information. This position requires significant time interacting with patients, payers, public on the phone, as such, excellent communication skills are required.
- Provides positive first impression, through words and tone, to patients presenting to the clinic areas;
- Review data entered into the billing system for accuracy and completeness;
- Verify/input diagnosis/procedure codes necessary for accurate billing of all charge for services;
- Enter/verify payments received to the appropriate account to ensure the correct account is credited for the correct payment;
- Respond to denials of claims with the corrected information in an effort to ensure reimbursement;
- Able to respectfully communicate accurate information to patients on their outstanding balance both on phone and in person;
- Prepare statements required for special programs reimbursed under separate contracts with CHC/SEK;
- Prepare statements for mailing to patients;
- Maintain current knowledge of billing requirements for all payers as related to FQHC status;
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.