Benefits Enrollment Specialist
About the Position
Benefit Enrollment Specialists (BES) support patients through benefit education, eligibility determination, and enrollment in various local, state, and federal programs. Not only do BESs understand the details of these programs, but they understand and educate both patients and staff on the importance and positive impact to health each of these programs have.
- Screening and completing Presumptive Eligibility and Early Detection Works (EDW) applications
- Assisting with Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace applications
- Reviewing or educating on Medicare Shared Savings program benefits, prescription assistance, and processing financial applications
- Assisting with other programs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of the benefits enrollment process or experience in related social services, preferred.
- Presumptive Eligibility certification/training completed within three (3) months from date of hire.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Basic Life Support is required upon hire or within six (6) months of hire.