Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Walk In Care – Fort Scott, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards of practice. This position shall be authorized to make independent decisions about advanced practice clinical needs of families, patients and medical decisions based on authorization for collaborative practice with one or more physicians.
12-hour shifts 7a - 7p rotating weekends
- Develops and manages the medical plan of care for patients based upon an agreement developed jointly and signed by the mid-level and supervising physicians.
- Provides complete, comprehensive outpatient care for patients including health examinations and treatment of medical conditions, to include follow-up of problems detected.
- Responsible to manage acute and chronic illness, routine care through care plans that are coordinated, when appropriate, with the patient's behavioral health provider
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions, as indicated.
- Provides clinical consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Observes clinic protocols and guidelines and scope of practice as determined by professional regulatory agencies.
- Provide appropriate follow-up with clinical support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Participates in an on-call system for after-hours care for CHC/SEK inpatient population, as assigned.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Supervises healthcare students as assigned.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Kansas.
- Graduate of accredited physician assistant program, or an accredited advanced nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist program.
- Completion of one-year experience in clinic setting, preferred.
- A strong community/public health orientation, preferred.
- Commitment to serving the underserved.