Activity Coordinator – Pittsburg, Kansas
The Activity Coordinator develops and administers a comprehensive activity program to meet the needs of the long-term care population. This position works with facility staff to create and plan activities, outings and/or events in various settings.
- Design and develop recreation activity programs to meet the abilities, needs and interests of patients in long-term care facilities.
- Creates a monthly schedule/calendar of activities. Share with facility staff.
- Provide LTC facility staff with resources related to recreations and/or leisure programs.
- Assesses and documents patients’ abilities and needs. Documents patients’ participation.
- Assist with transporting or escorting participants to activities.
- May assist with recreation activities for CHC/SEK staff.
- Assures that all activities comply with federal and/or state licensing agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy or related field or a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar role preferred.
- Certification in Recreational Therapy field preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification upon hire or within six (6) months from date of hire.