Benefits Enrollment Center
The Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas Benefits Enrollment Center is the first program in Kansas designed to provide a one-stop resource to assist low-income seniors and persons with disabilities throughout the region locate and apply for public benefits programs to help them pay for prescription drugs, medical care, food and utilities.
What Does the Center Do?
- Educates seniors and persons with disabilities about available benefits
- Screens to determine eligibility for multiple federal, state and private benefit programs
- Assists with completing and submitting applications as well as gathering necessary documents
- Can help serve as liaison in following up with government agencies
- Give renewal reminders and help with re-certification
These services are offered free of charge.
Benefits and programs include:
Medicare Part D Extra Help (Low-Income Subsidy), which helps pay for prescription drug costs.
Medicare Savings Program (MSP), which helps beneficiaries afford Medicare premiums, deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payments for inpatient and outpatient health care.
Medicaid/KanCare, which covers a broad range of medical, dental and behavioral health services.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI), the primary income support program for the aged, blind or disabled who have either no income or very low income and resources.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which provides credits on electronic cards enabling recipients to buy nutritious food at participating stores.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which can assist qualified individuals with their home heating and cooling costs.
Call 620-687-5576 or 620-231-9873 and ask for a Benefits Enrollment Counselor to schedule an appointment. You can also get your free Benefits Checkup anytime at BenefitsCheckup.org.